Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana - 1,000 into customer account through PM Janadhan scheme
The good news is that the central government is providing financial assistance of ₹ 10,000 to all Jan Dhan customers in their bank accounts.
What Is PM Jan-Dhan Yojana ?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), also known as PM Janadhan Scheme, is a financial inclusion scheme launched by the Indian government in 2014. The primary objective of this scheme is to provide access to financial services to the unbanked population of the country.
Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) scheme, every household in India is eligible to open a bank account with basic features such as zero balance, free ATM card, and overdraft facility. The scheme also provides access to other financial services like insurance, pension, and credit.
Go to the end of the article where we have provided links related to Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana Scheme. Then you can apply easily.
PM Jandhan Scheme - Highlights
|Article Name||PM Jandhan Scheme Update|
|Subject||PM Jandhan Bank account|
|Category||PM Yojana Scheme|
|Beneficiary Amount?||UP To 10,000 Rupees.|
|Mode Of Application||Offline|
PM Jandhan Scheme Update
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana update, the central government is offering all Jan Dhan customers an overdraft of ₹ 10,000 in their bank accounts.
That is, if your bank account is completely empty, you can meet your requirement by withdrawing ₹ 10,000 from your account.
Under this scheme, a total of 47 crore customers have been provided the benefit of this scheme.
- To be eligible for the overdraft facility, the account holder must have an active account for at least six months, have a satisfactory repayment record, and have his/her account seeded with Aadhaar and mobile number.
- Every Jan Dhan account holder gets this facility in his bank account for which you don't need to do anything special.
Opening a Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) account is a simple and easy process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit your nearest bank branch or Business Correspondent (BC) appointed by the bank.
- Carry the required documents like Aadhaar card or any other valid KYC documents such as Voter ID, PAN card, driving license, passport, etc. along with two passport-size photographs.
- Fill up the account opening form with all the necessary details.
- The bank officials will verify the details and documents provided by you and will open your account.
- Once your account is opened, you will receive a RuPay debit card, which can be used at ATMs and for cash withdrawals.
It is important to note that PMJDY accounts come with certain benefits such as zero balance account, free ATM card, overdraft facility, and access to other financial services.