The PM Kusum Yojana Details
The PM Kusum Yojana is a government scheme in India launched in 2019. PM Kusum Yojana aims to promote the use of solar energy among farmers. Under the scheme, farmers are provided with solar pumps for irrigation and solar power plants for generating electricity for their captive consumption. The scheme also offers financial incentives and subsidies to farmers for installing the solar equipment.
If you want to install solar panels on your farm for free, the government has brought a scheme called PM Kusum Yojana for you.
If a farmer wants to install solar pumps on his land, the PM Kusum scheme provides 90% subsidy, which makes it easier for the farmer to irrigate his fields. The remaining 10% of the establishment cost is to be borne by the farmers.
Electricity can be generated from solar panels installed by the government for irrigation and the excess electricity can be sold to the Electricity Distribution Authority. That means the solar pump becomes an income for the farmers. Solar panels have a lifespan of 25 years and are easily maintained.
Go to the end of the article where we have provided links related to PM Kusum Yojana Scheme. Then you can apply easily.
Benefits Of PM Kusum Yojana
1. Reduced dependency on diesel: By promoting the use of solar energy for irrigation and power generation, the scheme aims to reduce farmers' dependence on diesel and other fossil fuels. This not only helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions but also saves farmers money on fuel costs.
2.Increased income for farmers: Solar pumps and power plants can help farmers increase their income by reducing their energy costs and enabling them to sell excess power back to the grid.
3.Improved irrigation: Solar pumps are more reliable than traditional pumps, which often rely on erratic power supply or fuel availability. This can lead to improved irrigation and higher crop yields.
4.Job creation: The scheme has the potential to create new jobs in the solar energy sector, from manufacturing and installation to maintenance and repair.
5.Environmental benefits: By promoting the use of solar energy, the PM Kusum Yojana scheme helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution, which can have a positive impact on public health and the environment.
PM Kusum Yojana Required Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Identity card
- Ration card
- Copy of registration
- Bank Passbook
- Land documents
- Mobile Number
Grid-Connected Solar Power Plants:
Solarization of Grid-Connected Agriculture Pumps:
How to apply for PM Kusum Yojana Online
- Visit the official website of the PM Kusum Yojana Click Here
- Look for the 'Apply Now' or 'Registration' link on the homepage and click on it.
- Fill in the application form with the required details such as name, address, mobile number, and Aadhaar number.
- Select the component of the scheme you wish to apply for, such as solar pumps or grid-connected solar power plants.
- Upload the required documents, such as Aadhaar card, bank account details, and land documents.
- Review the application form and submit it online.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
After the submission of the application, the concerned authorities will verify the details and documents provided by the applicant. If the application is approved, the applicant will receive a subsidy amount for the installation of the solar equipment. It is important to note that the application process and eligibility criteria can vary from state to state, so it is recommended to check the specific guidelines of the state or Union Territory in which the applicant is located.